Subject: Re: beachball on the water
From: Adam Ives Chrystie <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 1996 11:33:17 -0700

On Wed, 24 Apr 1996 [email-masked] wrote:

> 
> Adam Chrystie and others have pointed out that my idea of using a
> displacement map on the ball is not such a simple solution as it seemed to me
> at first. I think if you used a much larger wavelenth and a higher frequency
> you could make the beachball match the water. You would also need to offset
> the texture center somewhat. I think this could give satisfactory results,
> but it might require considerable tweeking to get right.

 I think Andrew Hoffman's idea was good too..but i still want to check 
out using a displacement map on the ball with world coordinates and a 
texture velocity..that might do the trick..but will probably not allow as 
much control as Andrew's method.

----------------------------------
Adam Chrystie LightWave 3D Animator
Cinema/Video Major, Senior
University Of California at Santa Cruz